Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Goodz approach vs Rone

Old 08-14-2016, 12:35 PM   #41
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
It was incredibly effective but not good for the sport. Like flopping in basketball or whatever.
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #42
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
you say some pretty stupid shit u know that?
How is someone doing 3 rounds against one of your top guys about only doing it for the money and not caring about the battle a bad look for your brand. Especially when you already got the idea that URL dudes only go there for a cheque.

If you are KOTD any URL rapper who goes over there and you feel dont give 100% or at least the same effort he gives on URL you cant rebook that rapper. It teaches other rappers that they dont need to try on KOTD.

I personally didn't like the Goodz angle I feel that angle is only successful depending on how you look at KOTD and URL rappers in status. I believe I rate KOTD as a platform and it's rappers higher than you and allot of others on this site and don't view URL as the greatest most respected league so that angle really fell flat for me.

For me it was actually kind of cringeworthy to watch
If any KOTD battler went on URL and did that exact same performance I believe more of you would see it as I see it

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #43
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

I've always felt Goodz knew he couldn't outwrite Rone and this type of an angle was his only way to get a perceived win in the eyes of some people. Especially his fan base so that he doesn't lose status.

But based off that performance and angle WHy would KOTD give him money to come back for. It doesn't make sense other than his name
THere's no must see Goodz battles with KOTD rappers
There's no real grudge matches

The only reason I would book Goodz again is maybe to do that Goodz/CLips 2 on 2 vs someone.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #44
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
How is someone doing 3 rounds against one of your top guys about only doing it for the money and not caring about the battle a bad look for your brand. Especially when you already got the idea that URL dudes only go there for a cheque.
there u go again.. saying some stupid shit

it was a one round battle

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #45
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Anyone who would book goodz and pay him again after that performance is an idiot
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #46
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Goodz literally beat Rone, who put so much effort into his round seemingly....by not caring.

If that isn't some top tier shit I don't know what is. Like..you could FEEL the fury from people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #47
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't care about this battle so much...

Im rooting for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #48
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
Anyone who would book goodz and pay him again after that performance is an idiot
we're talking about the same people that kept booking diz after the math shit and daylyt after all his shitty antics. they aren't above getting pimped by battlers for views and attention, goodz just doesnt fit into their category of who they make exceptions for.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 08-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #49
Topgunz

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Topgunz is not the worst person
Mr Mumbles would have been better off as an account, mocking how Ness Lee rhymes.
Topgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:21 PM   #50
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
this interview may have been posted here since the interview is with HHIR
nope HHIR hasnt been seen on this site thanks to @ 's thread

Last edited by Rtongsta; 08-15-2016 at 02:23 AM.
Rtongsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:41 AM   #51
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
there u go again.. saying some stupid shit

it was a one round battle
I only watched the battle once. A long time ago. Sue me for not remembering every detail. But still I dont see how you people dont see how it was a bad look for KOTD as a brand and why they are not smart to not rush to book him again.

Again it would have to be a very good matchup for booking him to make sense

Old 08-15-2016, 01:43 AM   #52
brodeezy

Quote:
I only watched the battle once. A long time ago. Sue me for not remembering every detail. But still I dont see how you people dont see how it was a bad look for KOTD as a brand and why they are not smart to not rush to book him again.

Again it would have to be a very good matchup for booking him to make sense
u dont even remember it how can i take ur opinion seriously? it wasnt as shitty of an angle towards kotd as u think lol only sensitive nerds took it that way

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 08-15-2016, 02:33 AM   #53
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I liked the angle. It was funny and very effective.

It's not like he didn't actually try in the battle. He was just disrespecting Rone not the platform.
/thread

It rattled Rone pretty badly.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #54
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
u dont even remember it how can i take ur opinion seriously? it wasnt as shitty of an angle towards kotd as u think lol only sensitive nerds took it that way
Overly sensitive nerds is like 90% of KOTD's viewers, lol.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #55
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rone rapped his ass off, and it didn't matter.

it thought it was sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #56
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Sometimes you remember certain things on the battle. . I remember the theme and I remember some bars here and there. I also remember being surprised when I seen all the people saying Goodz won.
I just think a battler ever on your platform having a major battle with one of your bigger battlers doing a I dont care about this battle type angle isn't a good angle on the league.
Especially if it works. I don't understand how you think it wasn't a bad look for KOTD as a whole
It legitimized the whole view of KOTD being lower and lesser than URL where rappers go just to get a cheque.

I dont think thats the image that KOTD wants to present for itself.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #57
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

I think anyone who is a KOTD fan especially if you are more than KOTD than URL fan or if not a url fan is going to be annoyed by that specific angle.
And if I'm Organik I would never want anyone on my platform to ever say they dont care about a battle on my platform. Saying you are only here for the check and actually speaking numbers of what you receive is never good for the league

Old 08-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #58
brodeezy

Quote:
It legitimized the whole view of KOTD being lower and lesser than URL where rappers go just to get a cheque.

I dont think thats the image that KOTD wants to present for itself.
no it didnt, and kotd was fine as an organization after that battle regardless of the angle. they had no problem booking URL guys that performed just as fine as they would have without Goodz

like, again.. its not as if he didnt actually prepare. if he had gone up, stumbled, choked and tried to free style like diz does 70% of the time and THEN gone on some "idgaf about this battle!" shit.. then i'd agree with you. but u gotta chill lol "i dont give a fuck about this battle so much im rooting for you" was funny af

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 08-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #59
brodeezy

Quote:
Saying you are only here for the check and actually speaking numbers of what you receive is never good for the league
i cant even count how many times dudes on URL have gone on the URL stage and said they're only on it for the check. sounds like a personal issue with travis "ITS NOT MY FAULT" fleetwood

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #60
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
no it didnt, and kotd was fine as an organization after that battle regardless of the angle. they had no problem booking URL guys that performed just as fine as they would have without Goodz

like, again.. its not as if he didnt actually prepare. if he had gone up, stumbled, choked and tried to free style like diz does 70% of the time and THEN gone on some "idgaf about this battle!" shit.. then i'd agree with you. but u gotta chill lol "i dont give a fuck about this battle so much im rooting for you" was funny af
Well we will just have to disagree on that. I feel because we rate and view URL and there rappers differently we also view this angle and approach differently. I personally didnt like that angle. If it was my league I would have felt disrespected for that angle and I would not try to book you again. And if you are getting booked again its going to be for less than last time

But we arent going to agree on this point so its whatever.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #61
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
i cant even count how many times dudes on URL have gone on the URL stage and said they're only on it for the check. sounds like a personal issue with travis "ITS NOT MY FAULT" fleetwood
And I never like the angle when its done, But ive never seen people make them not care the only angle. And other than the humor on the angle he was kind of meh... He left everything on if his angle works or not. If it works he wins if it doesnt he lost. With me it didnt work to u it did

Old 08-19-2016, 04:10 PM   #62
Topgunz

The only ones mad at Goodz approach are the nerds who thought one of their "OG nerds" were finally gonna beat a cool kid.

You nerds are also mad because of all the shit you guys talk about how Goodz is so trash, basic & boring. So you guys assumed this would be a "walk in the park" for Rone, since he's so "lyrical".

Poor wigger got swagged on terribly
Old 08-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #63
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I think anyone who is a KOTD fan especially if you are more than KOTD than URL fan or if not a url fan is going to be annoyed by that specific angle.
this sentence is wild
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #64
IKNOWALL

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
IKNOWALL is not the worst person
Goodz destroyed Rone. Goodz is one of the best battle rapers in the world and the nerds were just mad the self crowned Prince got killed
IKNOWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #65
IKNOWALL

Quote:
I've always felt Goodz knew he couldn't outwrite Rone and this type of an angle was his only way to get a perceived win in the eyes of some people. Especially his fan base so that he doesn't lose status.

But based off that performance and angle WHy would KOTD give him money to come back for. It doesn't make sense other than his name
THere's no must see Goodz battles with KOTD rappers
There's no real grudge matches

The only reason I would book Goodz again is maybe to do that Goodz/CLips 2 on 2 vs someone.
Here is the thing he did out write Rone so your feelings were wrong. You book Goodz because he is better than 98 percent of the rappers in KOTD
Old 08-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #66
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
For real though, do you think Smack would be cool if Goodz performed the exact same roxnd on URL? Probably not
surf looked smack in his soul and said if smack didnt have his money he'd shoot him, on neighborhood crip

smack just smiled and booked him 2 more times in the next calendar year

smack doesnt give a fuck what ANYONE says in a battle, as long as they perform well

goodz performed well

if organik cares about anything other than that, clearly he's overemotional

edit: now i'm thinkin on it, has anyone ever threatened to hurt organik ever while in a battle??? smack gets threats to his life practically twice per event on average - if i were smack white, i'd be EXTRA aware of what people say to me
Old 08-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #67
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKNOWALL View Post
Here is the thing he did out write Rone so your feelings were wrong. You book Goodz because he is better than 98 percent of the rappers in KOTD
You think so. I think Goodz is a overrated one of the worst top tier battlers ever. I would never book a Goodz battle unless it was some type of grudge match

Theyre my feelings on how I seen the battle they cant be wrong. Goodz didnt outwrite Rone You could say he out performed him and outangled him But saying he outwrote him is ridiculous.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #68
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant View Post
surf looked smack in his soul and said if smack didnt have his money he'd shoot him, on neighborhood crip

smack just smiled and booked him 2 more times in the next calendar year

smack doesnt give a fuck what ANYONE says in a battle, as long as they perform well

goodz performed well

if organik cares about anything other than that, clearly he's overemotional

edit: now i'm thinkin on it, has anyone ever threatened to hurt organik ever while in a battle??? smack gets threats to his life practically twice per event on average - if i were smack white, i'd be EXTRA aware of what people say to me
The issue is someone threatening you doesnt affect your brand, Someone coming on your brand and talking about not caring and not trying and what not That does hurt your brand. If you cant see how that can hurt a brand than you are dumb

I dint know anyone that would pay someone and happy with that performance and why you d be quick to want him back

Old 08-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #69
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunz View Post
The only ones mad at Goodz approach are the nerds who thought one of their "OG nerds" were finally gonna beat a cool kid.

You nerds are also mad because of all the shit you guys talk about how Goodz is so trash, basic & boring. So you guys assumed this would be a "walk in the park" for Rone, since he's so "lyrical".

Poor wigger got swagged on terribly
Or people just dont like the wah wah Im not trying angle. WHy can it be simply some ppl think the Im not trying angle was wack.

I have a feeling if ROne did that angle to someone on URL you would all all of a sudden see how wack of an angle it was then

Old 08-19-2016, 08:17 PM   #70
mulatto mutant

Quote:
The issue is someone threatening you doesnt affect your brand, Someone coming on your brand and talking about not caring and not trying and what not That does hurt your brand. If you cant see how that can hurt a brand than you are dumb

I dint know anyone that would pay someone and happy with that performance and why you d be quick to want him back
The league is bigger than the battler and everybody knows that. You're talking nonsense
Old 08-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #71
mulatto mutant

Organik is fine with it and so is Nikiya why is this even a discussion
Old 08-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #72
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I just don't get why people get so offended by Goodz approach or the thought that Rone might've not got the best of that battle. It takes nothing away from Rone as a battler, and a "loss" to Goodz.. one of the best ever.. doesn't detract from your resume.

Rone has been killing shit forever, he can afford this imo
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #73
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant View Post
The league is bigger than the battler and everybody knows that. You're talking nonsense
No but Rone is a top battler on KOTD platform He is so big on that platform he got a URL battle. So not trying in a battle against Rone on there platform saying the battle dont matter does affect the view of the platform. The only reason it did work is because of how some people view the platform. Theres a reason if Pat Stay went to URL and did a performance like that it wouldnt be viewed the same way and not such an accepted angle.

It is never good for someone to come on your league stage and do rhymes about not caring for a battle and it dont matter. That is just common sense

Old 08-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #74
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
No but Rone is a top battler on KOTD platform He is so big on that platform he got a URL battle. So not trying in a battle against Rone on there platform saying the battle dont matter does affect the view of the platform. The only reason it did work is because of how some people view the platform. Theres a reason if Pat Stay went to URL and did a performance like that it wouldnt be viewed the same way and not such an accepted angle.

It is never good for someone to come on your league stage and do rhymes about not caring for a battle and it dont matter. That is just common sense
holy shit who cares shut up
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #75
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Remember when @The Saurus said "I could win this battle just by talking about how much better my league is" and "I thought I was battling the Hollo(w) I respect" in his KOTD debut and became champ?
KOTD should've just booked Goodz again quickly imo, confirm that it was just an angle
He's not getting booked anywhere else anyway so why wouldn't he try vs the right opponent in a 3-rounder
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #76
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Rones " even good morning amercia will be morning goods" line was cold
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:53 PM   #77
IKNOWALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
I just don't get why people get so offended by Goodz approach or the thought that Rone might've not got the best of that battle. It takes nothing away from Rone as a battler, and a "loss" to Goodz.. one of the best ever.. doesn't detract from your resume.

Rone has been killing shit forever, he can afford this imo
It comes down to some of these kids just love KOTD. Which there is nothing wrong with but they took Goodz approach personally. They took it as Goodz was not just talking down on Rone but they league they love and the battler that they were hoping to become not only the face of the league but battle rap in general.

It also comes down to some of these guys dont respect Goodz and probably havent watch many of his battles which is crazy. Goodz is an amazing battle rapper.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:49 PM   #78
Topgunz

Quote:
Or people just dont like the wah wah Im not trying angle. WHy can it be simply some ppl think the Im not trying angle was wack.

I have a feeling if ROne did that angle to someone on URL you would all all of a sudden see how wack of an angle it was then
Boy, you're an idiot.

Of course it would be wack, coming from Rone. The angle would fall flat on stage because Rone has never ever been top tier in any league. Even Rone is smart enough to know he couldn't do that angle on a URL stage. He can't even get his only URL battle out of the vault.

That's why it's called an "angle".

To be honest, you're a part of a very very small percentage of battle rap fans who actually care enough about this "angle" to be upset over it.

Congrats.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:07 PM   #79
Solace254

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Solace254 is not the worst person
Just rewatched this battle to see why he would've gotten banned. Dude kills Rone with more than the one angle. Bishop actually geeks out with Organik for a few of those "not caring" bars. Battlers say this type of shit all the time. I don't remember the interview but Organik was specifically asked about this and he said something along the lines of, "I know battlers have top maintain an image and brand. I don't take any of it serious as long as they show up." How the fuck is he banned for using a great angle in this particular battle?
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:35 PM   #80
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
Goodz killed it in that batte
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote