Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Arsonal vs. Shotty is completely unnecessary

Old 05-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #41
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1474 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Tbh I've never seen anything quite like this. It's like a rich kid wanting his way, and he got it.
or a rich adult who worked for money and then spent it on what he wanted
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #42
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
well, for me, i simply dont believe it. battlers give all kinds of lip-service before a battle

we have been over this dozens of times, though, thats true. but i also kinda feel that this battle belongs to dont flop, and even if a rematch did make sense, kotd shouldnt be the ones hosting it.
yeah, probably would've been better on don't flop

\_(ツ)_/
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #43
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 568 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
A guy is funding this event who wanted to see this battle live (and to get high profile match ups in Boston) and involved KOTD because of their expertise in handling events. Isn't this a fact everyone here knows? Just comes across as really cynical towards KOTD to comment on how they shouldn't be hosting a battle they didn't personally have a hand in choosing.

Also, I don't get this "shouldnt be the ones hosting it" argument to begin with. Ars has battled a ton on KOTD and Shotty has as well and is always trying to do more battles for them. Don't Flop could've done a rematch if they wanted it, but didn't, and so what's the problem with a dude funding it and then choosing the platform he wants it on? This isn't some culture vulture dude who is in for a quick buck; it's a dude who has, for years, traveled to every battle event he can in North America and is putting on a dope event where he lives because of how much he loves the culture.

Mind you, I still am not very excited for the battle and @Casual's prediction sounds on point as fuck, buuut maybe I just won't watch? People always have that option.
the bold part is actually a pretty good point, tbf. i suppose if dont flop wanted to do this rematch, they totally could have, but they apparently didnt see any purpose or value in doing it.

but idk, to me it seemed like it would be the same as if dont flop hosted a dna and dizaster rematch. i just feel like that battle belongs to kotd. i also didnt like how url took charron vs suge from kotd, or how djvlad did rex vs math pt.2.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #44
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
or a rich adult who worked for money and then spent it on what he wanted

Which was a horrible rematch that quite literally nobody wanted to see. Overwhelming consensus has been... "Huh?.. why?"

Since the beginning.

But hey, folks can do whatever they want with their disposable income.

I'm just here to talk shit about it.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #45
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
or how djvlad did rex vs math pt.2.
ugggh i forgot about that. i don't even remember how part 2 went. at least url got math vs dose, which was an awesome battle.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #46
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
ugggh i forgot about that. i don't even remember how part 2 went. at least url got math vs dose, which was an awesome battle.
i'm sayin, tho..
Old 05-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #47
PieMan

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
PieMan is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
arsonal gonna spend a few minutes talking about how he's responsible for where shotty is now.
shotty gonna talk about how none of arsonals other battles have as many views as that one so obviously it's attributed to shotty.
they both gonna spend a few minutes talkign about how they won the last battle.
probably some shit about how the last one was remembered as the best battle of 2012, and this one will be remembered as the biggest bodybag of 2015.
shotty gonna be like "oh you disrespected my uncle the first time so im gonna get disrespectful too"
shotty will probably do an alphabet scheme to prove he can do it better.
arsonal will reference his accent and how it won't work over here.

quote me sunday.
Gonna save time and quote you now.
PieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:45 PM   #48
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
Rex's shit in him/math part 2 was actually pretty dope, but I do think that battle was unnecessary. At least a little more time had passed than shotty/ars and it was only 1 round.

Rematches should only take place if they're in a different era than the original (for the most part). That's why I think everyone seems down with the Arsonal vs Hollow match, and if you think about it all the ones that have happened were fire, (Tay Roc/Clips, Saurus/illmac, Saurus/Real Deal, Math/Dose, etc.)

I just remembered Mook/Lux as I typed that so maybe not all the time
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:51 AM   #49
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
haha yeah i know i failed. rub it in! lol
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:02 AM   #50
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
the bold part is actually a pretty good point, tbf. i suppose if dont flop wanted to do this rematch, they totally could have, but they apparently didnt see any purpose or value in doing it.
I totally agree with this. It's DF's biggest battle and this rematch takes a lot of the value away from that.

It's such a terrible idea for a rematch that it is the main factor deciding whether to get the PPV. I don't want the sponsors to think that I am tacitly endorsing this rematch by buying the product
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #51
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
this matchup is unnecessary and an absolute waste. id rather see literally any new battle (i.e Eurgh vs Arsonal, or Shotty vs Suge).
Old 05-13-2015, 01:42 AM   #52
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
i think its completely unnecessary, at least right now. Mook vs Lux was like what, 8 years later or some shit ? this one is way way too soon..There's no fucking way in hell it'll exceed the first one.

I do think it'll be entertaining , but some of the things that made the first one great was the environment , the crowd which both rappers fed off, couple other things.

Im predicting Ars to have a first round where he's trying to top himself from his FAB performance...at least as far as disrespect goes.

I bet Shotty will try to be more disrespectful than he was the first time too..

.Ars proabably talk about Shottys music being terrible...

Shotty probably take the approach alot of music making battlers make like "even if i lose today, I win...i go back on tour making blah blah per show my songs get played by blah blah while after this battle you go back to preparing for another battle" or some shit
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:59 AM   #53
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
They both desperate....Ars ain't have a million view battle in like 2 years and shotty been on shit streak.

The only way to get their name buzzing again is by having a rematch to one of the biggest battles they had.

will it be good as the first?....NO cause Ars was garbage vs Bishop n Mr.Fab while Shotty just was wack vs Hitman.

Garbage.
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:57 AM   #54
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
i think it would be hilarious if they just showed up and used the exact same rounds as last time.

Fwiw I had this idea before. Basically take a couple battles on the road and treat it like a concert tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2015, 03:03 AM   #55
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
They both desperate....Ars ain't have a million view battle in like 2 years and shotty been on shit streak.

The only way to get their name buzzing again is by having a rematch to one of the biggest battles they had.

will it be good as the first?....NO cause Ars was garbage vs Bishop n Mr.Fab while Shotty just was wack vs Hitman.

Garbage.
@Bigzero snappin!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:41 AM   #56
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
Micky Ward looks like Caddy Ron.
I couldn't believe it was her. It was like a dream. But there she was, just as I remembered her. That delicately beautiful face. And a body that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room. And breasts that seemed to say... "Hey! Look at these!" She was the kind of woman who made you want to drop to your knees and thank God you were a man! She reminded me of my mother, all right. No doubt about it.
Franklin Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:09 AM   #57
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
Fwiw I had this idea before. Basically take a couple battles on the road and treat it like a concert tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha, thats hella funny cuz i've considered something like this before too

like say when we're all in our 50s-60s, they could have battling tours that go to like county fairs, or small arenas around north america, and re-enact their "greatest hits" like older musical acts do

and to be real, there's a few rounds i wouldnt mind seeing done over again, even today

but imagine 50 y/o hitman holla and aye verb performing their battle like its a stage play for a bunch of old head battle fans in 20-30 years lol
Old 05-13-2015, 04:12 AM   #58
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
but imagine 50 y/o hitman holla and aye verb performing their battle like its a stage play for a bunch of old head battle fans in 20-30 years lol
"ayo big gerald!!!

...big gerald?

"
Quote:
Old 05-13-2015, 04:19 AM   #59
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
"ayo big gerald!!!

...big gerald?

"
lmao, #bravery
Old 05-13-2015, 04:54 AM   #60
sundeep

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
sundeep is a PY Poster
From what i gathered it was the random rich dude who just wanted to see this rematch and is basically paying for it, as long as its not the KOTD staff picking this battle I'm cool with it, even though i completely agree that nobody ever asked "damm i wanna see a rematch between those two"
sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:45 AM   #61
Cheddah12

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Cheddah12 is not the worst person
Quote:
"ayo big gerald!!!

...big gerald?

"
Lmaoo I got tears fam
Cheddah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #62
Water Mage

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
dude thats BOXING........ completely different beast altogether..... The amount of drive that boxers have to win is insanely high and that makes rematches interesting and heated....... in rap battles there isnt even a winner 95% of the time and shotty and ars are gonna be dapping it up on the battle half assing it because nobody can lose and they cool

Just because rematches between top tier boxers have been great doesnt mean shotty vs arsonal ii will be

who knows though, could turn out well, but never as well as the 1st
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:21 AM   #63
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
HANGOVER 2

Schwarzer_Negger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12484, bravery