Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
is cassidy not meant for the big stage?

Old 06-24-2019, 12:11 AM   #1
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
is cassidy not meant for the big stage?

I was thinking about this after the fallout of the goodz bodybag and also having rewatched the dizaster battle, but I wonder if cass is not really meant for a big stage and is more of a small room only kind of battler.

I ask this because after rewatching the diz battle it just made me think how much better suited his rounds wouldve been on a big stage with a lot of energy and how it just came across as really forced and awkward in that random garage. a lot of us felt like he just shit the bed on that one but in hindsight I think diz couldve really bodied cass on the big stage in the same way goodz was able to.

maybe this is just me caping for diz but I am curious as to what you guys think, since diz has mentioned before (many times) that the cass battle was a setup and that arrangement in the garage was bs.

thinking back tho it makes sense to me cass is better in the small room, I mean thats where he came from in that freeway battle, but even then it seems like cass can only win a battle if they odds are set heavily in his favor, I know that video is a classic for the culture but was cassidy ever really that good to being with?

just some thoughts figured I'd leave a long ass rambling thread like I did back in the day and see whats the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:24 AM   #2
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Cass can rap but the formula speed style angles need work plus the bars are repetitive at times or its shit we don't wanna listen to.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:24 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I've always said that the Diz result flatters Cass a lot. Cass was spitting garbage that would have got booed on the big stage, but because of the more intimate environment, it makes it look better and he can use his delivery and aggression to overcome his lyrical weaknesses. Diz was pretty much the only opponent that Cass could beat on that night... and no that is not a compliment to either.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:46 AM   #4
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
cass has about 8 good bars a battle , and that's being generous he's not for any stage he raps like he's rapping on a stage you cant win by just punching more if all your punches are simplistic he has no ide ahow to do do angles , perform for the most part and worse he has no idea he's doing anything wrong he's still convinced he won every round against goodz. he's beyond help , you cant reason with someone unwilling to accept they did anything wrong.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:38 AM   #5
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Diz was pretty much the only opponent that Cass could beat on that night... and no that is not a compliment to either.
I agree with this because I think diz overall was at his worst during this period of time, my question is would diz have won the battle on that big stage the first time or would they have both got booed? I still really like some of the ideas in dizs rounds but then it just broke down into some of the worst freestyle segues

Quote:
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Quote:
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Old 06-24-2019, 03:41 AM   #6
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
cass has about 8 good bars a battle , and that's being generous he's not for any stage
loool I'm dying talk that shit good sir

its sad tho cassidy really can walk around blind to the fact hes wash, the youtube comments for the goodz battle was all cass stans who obviously have never seen a goodz battle before or any url battle for that matter

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2019, 05:38 AM   #7
iamHBY

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
cass has about 8 good bars a battle , and that's being generous he's not for any stage he raps like he's rapping on a stage you cant win by just punching more if all your punches are simplistic he has no ide ahow to do do angles , perform for the most part and worse he has no idea he's doing anything wrong he's still convinced he won every round against goodz. he's beyond help , you cant reason with someone unwilling to accept they did anything wrong.
I think this sums up all of my criticisms regarding Cassidy.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #8
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Jereurghmy View Post
I agree with this because I think diz overall was at his worst during this period of time, my question is would diz have won the battle on that big stage the first time or would they have both got booed? I still really like some of the ideas in dizs rounds but then it just broke down into some of the worst freestyle segues
Assuming that the two rounds he used against Cass before that trash third were his remaining rounds then he would have probably edged it. It would have been a dull battle though and Diz was really feeling himself at that time which is always a risk of some terrible freestyle awfulness.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 06-25-2019, 05:06 AM   #9
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Cass could adjust..he can rap and sounds dope. But there's SO MANY heads out there saying he beat goodz that I doubt he'll ever adjust

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #10
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
Cass could adjust..he can rap and sounds dope. But there's SO MANY heads out there saying he beat goodz that I doubt he'll ever adjust
I think that Smack's official count having 65% Goodz will definitely make him rethink something. I doubt he can change though, he is still stuck in the style of lyricism that he came up in, but rap has evolved since then. He will fundamental have to change everything to make it work again.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:44 PM   #11
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Probably not, he has no reason to adjust because the response has been great(which is wild)

After hearing Charlie Clips call him out in the Math battle I kinda want to see Clips/Cass in a small room though
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:38 PM   #12
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I think that Smack's official count having 65% Goodz will definitely make him rethink something. I doubt he can change though, he is still stuck in the style of lyricism that he came up in, but rap has evolved since then. He will fundamental have to change everything to make it work again.
he does not care about that smack poll. just check some of his interviews. Most the youtube comments are pro cass. If you got to the "Norbes It All" facebook group there legit might be more heads saying cass won. There is a lot of heads out there we seriously think he won..its crazy

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #13
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
yeah he won't adjust his style or try to update it because he doesn't really need to.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:14 PM   #14
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
No, he’s not suited for the big stage. And I still really want to see the battle of the most delusional personalities (mook vs Cassidy).
Old 06-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #15
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
No, he’s not suited for the big stage. And I still really want to see the battle of the most delusional personalities (mook vs Cassidy).
That would be the longest, least tolerable battle of all time by a wide fucking margin, although watching/listening to the delusional fans argue with each other over who won would be pretty funny. This made me think though, aren't they two highest paid? If so, damn we fucked up lol, I get why Cass gets a slice based off publicity but damn.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags