Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
How was Apex?

Old 09-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
Emancee

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
How was Apex?

Any of the Brits on this board go? Good event, bad event?
Nuts like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #2
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Apex, is that the event Tay Roc "ruined?"
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Apex, is that the event Tay Roc "ruined?"
Indeed. All I've heard so far is that apparently Raptor was actually good for once and him versus Red Flag was the battle of the event.

Honestly that makes me a little worried. Unless Raptor has got a lot better recently, that is not a promising sign for a fire event.
Nuts like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans; being Bobby Rex...
Old 09-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Indeed. All I've heard so far is that apparently Raptor was actually good for once and him versus Red Flag was the battle of the event.

Honestly that makes me a little worried. Unless Raptor has got a lot better recently, that is not a promising sign for a fire event.
I watched Raptor battle Soul a few years ago. But I don't recall much of his performance. I got the Ace v Snake battle on pause now. I'd bet it's better than RF v Raptor
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #5
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I still need to purchase the VOD, but outside of Shox no-showing A. Ward due to a family emergency, supposedly the event went pretty well. Pretty good attendance, Team America showed out, and overall it was pretty good according to recaps I've seen.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #6
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Watched some of the VOD. Raptor vs Red Flag was really good. Great back and forth.

Unan clearly beat Bobby. There was this super awkward moment in the 3rd, Bobby accidentally half-punched him. Then was half-apologising, half-threatening him. Odd moment. Bobby was unprepared and pretty crap - glad he didn’t battle Twork he never deserved it.

That’s all I’ve watched for now, boutta watch Soul Madflex, but hear Madflex got it convincingly
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:05 PM   #7
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
was at the event everything went pretty well madflex beat soul
major concerns vs chilla was pretty good could go either way
unan bodied bobby
oshea lost to matter
redflag and raptor was really good back and forth i had raptor 2-1
lazy arse jack beat lsdean cant much remember anything else i was fucking fried by the end of event
there was a problem at the end where some guy turned up with a cosh and attacked some people attending the event
Old 09-08-2019, 11:32 PM   #8
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
there was a problem at the end where some guy turned up with a cosh and attacked some people attending the event
Haha! No event in Manchester would be complete without random coshings.

Also Bobby Rex is TRASH! How many times is he gonna disappoint everyone until leagues owners learn that his good battle was the unusual exception, not the bad ones.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:03 AM   #9
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
i had to look up cosh
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:51 AM   #10
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
i had to look up cosh
me too , this was literally as i was leaving event got about 50 feet from venues saw bare police vans pulling up clocked they were pulling up at event. didnt realise exactly what happened till one of the guys it happened to was out with me later though

Tags