Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
this mass 4 lineup got me thinking. KOTD is still doing well...

Old 04-20-2018, 12:25 PM   #1
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this mass 4 lineup got me thinking. KOTD is still doing well...

at pushing uninteresting permanent mid-tier battlers

smididididididididididididididididi

peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
lol yeea

so far it looks like they've taken their 2 biggest events of the year, combined them, and made it 1 average event.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
...like that
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #4
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
To be fair, all this hype surrounding the way the URL is taking the ppv game to new levels ect... Couldn't it be argued that they bit some that style from kotd?

While KOTD isn't leading the way with building worldclass performers. Can we honestly say that their behind the scenes work isn't above average?

For example, Cortez is on record a few years ago saying that KOTD treated him well at World Dom (better than URL).. some of the reasons he stated were press related and promo
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
I don't think it's THAT bad at all, I like that Nems vs Head Ice is happening; Thesaurus and E ness are always good; Real Deal has made me a fan again the past year or so.

What battlers could they announce that would make you guys feel differently, who are some people you want to see KOTD pushing?

I'd like to see Everybody Knows on there for sure. Ness Lee, Pass, Illipsis, Pigsty, Fredo & Madflex aswell.

Edit - Just remembered Big T is on there aswell, he always kills it on KOTD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz

Last edited by rogermellie; 04-20-2018 at 03:07 PM.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post

For example, Cortez is on record a few years ago saying that KOTD treated him well at World Dom (better than URL).. some of the reasons he stated were press related and promo
That doesn't really contradict the OP at all, I like Cortez but he's a pretty good example of permanently mid-tier person that they pushed a lot. He just had a shot at O Red on URL and lost clearly.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
To be fair, all this hype surrounding the way the URL is taking the ppv game to new levels ect... Couldn't it be argued that they bit some that style from kotd?

While KOTD isn't leading the way with building worldclass performers. Can we honestly say that their behind the scenes work isn't above average?

i'd much much much much rather have a league that's behind in doing quality PPVs than a league that makes fans ask "why was this battle booked" at least twice per event tbh
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #8
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i'd much much much much rather have a league that's behind in doing quality PPVs than a league that makes fans ask "why was this battle booked" at least twice per event tbh
Good point, aren't there less matches on most url cards? If kotd is going to fill out big cards, among others reasons, isn't there going to be a talent drop too?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:16 PM   #9
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I don't think it's THAT bad at all, I like that Nems vs Head Ice is happening; Thesaurus and E ness are always good; Real Deal has made me a fan again the past year or so.

What battlers could they announce that would make you guys feel differently, who are some people you want to see KOTD pushing?

I'd like to see Everybody Knows on there for sure. Ness Lee, Pass, Illipsis, Pigsty, Fredo & Madflex aswell.

Edit - Just remembered Big T is on there aswell, he always kills it on KOTD.
The list is endless. Anyone unexpected. Maybe 1 big smack name then just anyone you donít see a lot.

Soul, Kid Twist, OSA, Pigsty, Rone return, Gjonaj return, Reverse, Prez Mafia, JDose, Pat, shox, Geechi,

Just off top.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:59 PM   #10
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
KOTD kind of can't win at this point tbh. If they splurge and get a few top tier cats, they run the chance of them mailing it in for a check. Ala Verb,Rex,ARS, etc.Then peeps bitch that they are name chasing. When they book good talent that will at least show up and put on a good show, they risk getting redundant/ boring, ala the real deal/ cortez's of the world.

And you can't force non active battlers in the ring, see people bitching about this all the time for some reason lol

If three or four decent battles come out of a card at this point, I'm content, it is what it is.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:28 AM   #11
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
The entirety of battle rap is mid-tier now.
erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:36 AM   #12
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
if fresco vs bmagic is on this that might be aiiight with me.
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #13
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Love this card or hate it, I'm gonna be in the building. I've been to 25+ GrindTime events in my day, and I'm looking forward to finally attending a KOTD event.

Anybody else here going? Would be cool to meet a few of you and get a round of shots or 2.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:16 AM   #14
Shameless

Shameless is not the worst person
There's also the small possibility that you've been watching battles for half your adult life and you're just getting bored
Shameless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:42 AM   #15
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameless View Post
There's also the small possibility that you've been watching battles for half your adult life and you're just getting bored
Unsure if this was a jab at my post. If so it was pretty weak. You're making it sound like it's a bad thing to be a fan of battle rap. If so, I'm really not sure why you still sign in to your account here and make completely worthless posts like this.

Cheers either way, dude.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #16
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Unsure if this was a jab at my post. If so it was pretty weak. You're making it sound like it's a bad thing to be a fan of battle rap. If so, I'm really not sure why you still sign in to your account here and make completely worthless posts like this.

Cheers either way, dude.
I really don't think it was a jab at your post or meant the way you've taken it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #17
Shameless

Shameless is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post

Cheers either way, dude.
it was the jab at the OP posting about "pushing new battlers", i didn't even read your post

pushing things that are new is usually what will continue growth - the problem is that the interest in battle rap is dying out because there are only so many ways to keep battles interesting before the luster to keep watching is gone.

To me, the luster died when associative word play was a thing.

Last edited by Shameless; 04-22-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Shameless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:22 AM   #18
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
king of the dot
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #19
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
They did especially well killing the momentum that "Bodied" got

Wins a late-night screening award at TIFF, the whole of Canada reads about it....then the movie is buried and released on a platform nobody knows exists
Old 04-24-2018, 06:28 AM   #20
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
URL bites directly from KOTD and spins it to their favour. This comparison is a fucking non starter. Not to mention the audience for URL is ideologically driven and KOTD audience are decent people. Too bad people still get caught up in identity politics. I thought battle rap would've been saved such a ridiculous social cue.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #21
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
URL bites directly from KOTD and spins it to their favour. This comparison is a fucking non starter. Not to mention the audience for URL is ideologically driven and KOTD audience are decent people. Too bad people still get caught up in identity politics. I thought battle rap would've been saved such a ridiculous social cue.
Why do you continue to post here, why not join Talkback?
Quote:
Quote: