Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So... after this weekend, who's next up for the title?

View Poll Results: The next contender isssss
Head ICE 20 40.00%
The Saurus 3 6.00%
Charron 3 6.00%
Cortez 3 6.00%
Dizaster 1 2.00%
Pat Stay 0 0%
Bigg K 3 6.00%
Iron Solomon 4 8.00%
Big T 0 0%
Pass 2 4.00%
Arsonal 9 18.00%
Other 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2016, 05:40 PM   #41
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
Has to be Iron. This guy is coming off of 4 convincing wins against clips, magic, diz, and daylyt and each performance was better than the previous. That is a good steak with quality opponents. I mean who can realistically beat this guy right now? Maybe Hollow? Based on both of their most recent performances I would still take Iron as the favorite in that one.
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
sikwidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:18 PM   #42
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamazide View Post
Iron Soloman

Head ICE- Doesn't have a clear loss. Battled good opponents, put out great battles.

Cortez- Only guy to clearly beat Bigg K on KOTD but the battle was underwhelming. Battled Hollohan in one of KOTD's best battles. Beat Dizaster meaning he beat 2 former champs. Doesn't have a clear loss if I recall correctly.

I'm voting for Cortez. You could make a claim for 100 Bulletz as well but I doubt yall would vote for him.
Cortez vs Aye Verb
Cortez vs Hitman
Cortez vs Arsonal

Also Cortez is too vanilla

Also Ice lost to Bigg K
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:19 PM   #43
y100dude

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwidit View Post
Has to be Iron. This guy is coming off of 4 convincing wins against clips, magic, diz, and daylyt and each performance was better than the previous. That is a good steak with quality opponents. I mean who can realistically beat this guy right now? Maybe Hollow? Based on both of their most recent performances I would still take Iron as the favorite in that one.
I think Clips is one of the most overrated battlers and have loved Iron's last 3 performances, but there is no way his 4th performance was his best one. He had a decent stumble and I didn't even have him winning the battle personally. Before this weekend Iron was my answer to this question, after I'm not so sure.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:21 PM   #44
sikwidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
I think Clips is one of the most overrated battlers and have loved Iron's last 3 performances, but there is no way his 4th performance was his best one. He had a decent stumble and I didn't even have him winning the battle personally. Before this weekend Iron was my answer to this question, after I'm not so sure.
You had Clips winning that? I don't even know what to say. To each his own I guess.
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
Old 08-31-2016, 06:37 PM   #45
y100dude

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwidit View Post
You had Clips winning that? I don't even know what to say. To each his own I guess.
You had this Iron performance as his best one, incrementally better than each previous one? I don't even know what to say. To each their own I guess.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:06 PM   #46
sikwidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
You had this Iron performance as his best one, incrementally better than each previous one? I don't even know what to say. To each their own I guess.
I think it was easily better than his daylyt battle. Slightly better than Diz. His Magic performance was probably better than Clips but you're putting too much emphasis on the least important part of my post that I admittedly hyperbolized. The main point is that he convincingly beat all 4 and they are all pretty highly regarded opponents with the exception of maybe Daylyt. I'm confident that you will eventually change your mind over who won Iron vs Clips. Just give it time.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:11 PM   #47
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The real question is.. who can actually BEAT Rone? Caustic did his best and still got outwritten and outwhited lol. The fan support was also clearly in Rone's favor.

He also gets to choose who goes first, and there is almost no angle left to take on him. None. The guy might be KOTD champion for like the next 5 years lol.

It would take like.. a URL cat with reallly really nasty bars or a gimmick to get him outta there.

Specifically Hitman Holla. He'd somehow remix and use Showoff as a prop enough to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:31 PM   #48
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
it does sort of seem like rone might be a lil too much of a crowd pleaser in canada...
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:20 AM   #49
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
cortez and iron. everyone else either doesnt make sense or has already had a shot
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:34 AM   #50
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
cortez and iron. everyone else either doesnt make sense or has already had a shot
Cortez ...... are you serious ?

Do u understand the chain (which suffers from corniness inherently ) requires more than the ability to put schemes together ? He doesn't have the star quality , likeability , or fandom to warrant being the Kotd champ ....

His writing has improved a LOT over the past year or two but I still think his raps are ineffective ...

look at bigg k who battles people then u can literally see them rap differently in their next battle ....... or how k gets on the spot reaction out of every single one of them
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:34 AM   #51
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
cortez or Charron
I wouldnt mind a cortez vs ice #1 contender at the bunker match

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:37 AM   #52
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
Cortez ...... are you serious ?

Do u understand the chain (which suffers from corniness inherently ) requires more than the ability to put schemes together ? He doesn't have the star quality , likeability , or fandom to warrant being the Kotd champ ....

His writing has improved a LOT over the past year or two but I still think his raps are ineffective ...

look at bigg k who battles people then u can literally see them rap differently in their next battle ....... or how k gets on the spot reaction out of every single one of them
this exchange ended the moment you tried to talk to me like i dont know anything about something i do that you've never done
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #53
ux9 u so fine

ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
Ness lee is like .. he's as bad as those people that gave sketch menace the chain

Retarded

Ur representing the whole brand at that point
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Quote:
Don't drink n post kids
Old 09-01-2016, 12:41 AM   #54
ux9 u so fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
this exchange ended the moment you tried to talk to me like i dont know anything about something i do that you've never done
Ikr I honestly felt weird explaining this obvious shut to a person I have a lot of love and respect for

I felt confused but w/e

I was and still am a huge ness lee fan but ur wrong and confused abut that
Quote:
Quote:
Don't drink n post kids
Old 09-01-2016, 12:44 AM   #55
Flamazide

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Flamazide is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Cortez vs Aye Verb
Cortez vs Hitman
Cortez vs Arsonal

Also Cortez is too vanilla

Also Ice lost to Bigg K
I haven't seen the Arsonal battle yet. The other two aren't on KOTD so I didn't count them having anything to do with the KOTD title.

There's a lot of people that seem to think Head ICE won that battle.
Flamazide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:48 AM   #56
ux9 u so fine

How good ur written rhymes are , "unfortunately " , has NOTHING to do with if u should be the face of a brand and the HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION of a league

Get real ..

And @Ness Lee should know that by now
Quote:
Quote:
Don't drink n post kids

Last edited by ux9 u so fine; 09-01-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:00 AM   #57
ux9 u so fine

@Ness Lee apparently thinks that the only valid criticism of battle rap could ever come from people that battle rap ......

Lol

Imagine that

he's been reading the forum and posting here ... and has been since before I even joined rap music
Quote:
Quote:
Don't drink n post kids
Old 09-01-2016, 05:13 AM   #58
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Glad I didn't find talkback, cause I hear it's a ton worse with the trolls in here lol...

For the OP, Don't care if Bigg K took an L to Cortez, still think his body of work over the last year is stronger then anybody in the KOTD field...

I feel a bit weird talking about bigging cats up for a chain, that they maybe don't care about... And from the outside, doubt the Canada pride, allows rone to battle K in the States smh... Maybe K doesn't care, but if he doesn't doubt Ice does either... Wiggers probably find the Ice vs Rone battle more interesting, but that shit will be weird as hell, when Ice has to do extended rounds... Is what it is lol...

Last edited by ass2myface; 09-01-2016 at 05:15 AM.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote