Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So after Dre vs Caddy Ron - Do Saltines still Support this Racist?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2015, 06:05 AM   #1
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Lightbulb So after Dre vs Caddy Ron - Do Saltines still Support this Racist?

Caddy Ron, why do you celebrate him practicing racism?
How do we get him out of battle rap?

why are whites complicit with his non stop constant lyrics about killing black people using racist rhetoric?

is Ron a throwback to the 'Good Ol America' that white people miss?
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 07-22-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie
 
Blanco14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,108
Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Am I a racist....Yes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:29 AM   #3
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Image removed.
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
BrotherMouzone
Registered User
 
BrotherMouzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BrotherMouzone is not the worst person
For those who haven't seen the battle, what sort of shit was he saying?
BrotherMouzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,618
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
i wanna see caddy ron vs calicoe tbh

if i ever win lottomax im paying for that to go down
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
Breakneck
Battle Rapper
 
Breakneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Minneapolis,MN
Posts: 2,418
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
What did he do this time?

I don't condone it btw but it doesn't matter what I condone for some reason people from conservative country towns and Canadians think it's funny
__________________
No Coast North GM -- For PPV access , rankings, tickets to live events, merch, and release schedules head to http://www.NoCoastRaps.com !!! || Follow me on Twitter or Facebook
Breakneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
Briscoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMouzone View Post
For those who haven't seen the battle, what sort of shit was he saying?
"I'm the white power ranger, I put the mighty in morphing" etc

Last edited by Briscoe; 07-22-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #8
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser
 
cripplesunday1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tea n Crumpets
Posts: 2,456
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm a caddy fan, and I don't give a fuck.

If your getting pissed off, then he's doing his job.

I also hate everyone almost equally. White people are the worst though.
__________________
It's all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #9
djpompey
No Coast President
 
djpompey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
djpompey is not the worst person
Throw back. Caddy once saw (and maybe still sees) himself as one of the few willing take the same kind of extreme racist angles against black people that we consider fine to say against other minorities like Asians for instance.


In his 3rd he summed it up by saying "I hate all rappers equally". Haven't seen this new battle with Dre and not taking a side, just providing context.
djpompey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #10
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie
 
Blanco14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,108
Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
Yeah no one gives a shit when people do 3 rounds of race jokes for asians...

Con did DFD 10 minutes of nothing but race jokes on eating cats building railroads and slanted eyes


Same with hispanics tbh... cortez gets race jokes every single battle...

Dizaster always gets race jokes about blowing himself up and terrorism...


To me its all real whack and ron style sucks cuz i rather hear bars than race angles but yall cant be calling out ron when yall dont say shit about anyone else
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Am I a racist....Yes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #11
CBA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,273
Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
^^^ To be fair Ed, we are waiting on your thread about how Conceited is an evil racist.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #12
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I support anyones right to say anything they want for the most part... Its blatantly obvious he has racist opinions but its even more obvious he's playing them up for the sake of a battle rap persona and anyone who doesn't realize that is pretty dumb.

But the argument that "You can say X about Y and..." is a flawed one. You're still taking a platform created by black people to belittle them. It hits a different way than a white joke, or an asian joke. And despite all the stuff you hear about Hip-Hop being universal its still different to use it as a platform to insult black culture.

But its really not that fucking serious. Its battle rap and he is a character people who can't tell that he's playing it up are honestly retards.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #13
Chromium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
Ed's on smack again.
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #14
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki
 
@VapeHop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,190
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Caddy 3.0 > Hollow
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:42 AM   #15
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
if the racism is strictly intended for humor/shock value, has no malicious intentions, and doesn't reflect ron's actual points of view, then i don't see the issue.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:48 AM   #16
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?
 
Shadowposter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,184
Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco14 View Post
=To me its all real whack and ron style sucks cuz i rather hear bars than race angles but yall cant be calling out ron when yall dont say shit about anyone else
this is actually it exactly. A battle is a battle, and there shouldnt be holds barred.

i dont fuck with caddy because i feel the way he uses racism is just lazy, but its not cause i dont think he can say what he wants
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:52 AM   #17
killa_b_kilt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
killa_b_kilt is not the worst person
White powder!
killa_b_kilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:01 AM   #18
My Kall
Registered User
 
My Kall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
if the racism is strictly intended for humor/shock value, has no malicious intentions, and doesn't reflect ron's actual points of view, then i don't see the issue.
Well some black viewers are bound to feel emotionally hurt, if the battle really was as risqué as the interview reported. Mental suffering is sometimes more painful and irreparable than physical injuries, and if Ron's merely acting, which I can actually believe, then he is accidently damaging peoples lives, and he needs to be more considerate of others and realize how hazardous he's being.

Last edited by My Kall; 07-23-2015 at 01:06 AM.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:45 AM   #19
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Well some black viewers are bound to feel emotionally hurt, if the battle really was as risqué as the interview reported. Mental suffering is sometimes more painful and irreparable than physical injuries, and if Ron's merely acting, which I can actually believe, then he is accidently damaging peoples lives, and he needs to be more considerate of others and realize how hazardous he's being.
watching a cadalack ron battle and being outraged at the shocking racial humor is equivalent to going to a gg allin concert and being mad that you got shit flung at you.

or, better yet, going to a battle rap event and being upset that there are no filters is like watching an HBO show and being shocked that a sex scene popped up.

if you don't like it, then don't watch. i understand where you're coming from and i will agree with you that racial humor that cuts deep is tasteless even in a rap battle, but we can't act like we don't understand the context of battle rap. like comedy, almost nothing said is supposed to be taken at face value. if one absorbs what caddy says and takes it to heart, that's on the viewer and not ron.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:02 AM   #20
Gopher D'Gusto
Registered User
 
Gopher D'Gusto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: VA raised, DC livin
Posts: 4,466
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The thing that's so frustrating about Caddy is that he has the ability to be dope without relying on racism and shock value. He can actually rap, so I don't get why he goes out of his way to spit all that other bullshit. And it's not like he's always been this way. He was lowkey one of the best in the West during Grind Time by just being dope without being ignorant.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:11 AM   #21
6000GP
tupac back
 
6000GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9,027
Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
watching a cadalack ron battle and being outraged at the shocking racial humor is equivalent to going to a gg allin concert and being mad that you got shit flung at you.

or, better yet, going to a battle rap event and being upset that there are no filters is like watching an HBO show and being shocked that a sex scene popped up.

if you don't like it, then don't watch. i understand where you're coming from and i will agree with you that racial humor that cuts deep is tasteless even in a rap battle, but we can't act like we don't understand the context of battle rap. like comedy, almost nothing said is supposed to be taken at face value. if one absorbs what caddy says and takes it to heart, that's on the viewer and not ron.
nah, both you and @Mykall are missing the point. it's not about "emotional hurt" or it merely being offensive. here are my personal problems with it...

tbf, I havent seen the battles or the interviews, and i dont intend to. but battle rap, and to a larger extent, hip hop, is a black and latino american subculture. considering american history, for a white american to use it as a medium for hate speech toward the same minorities that they appropriated it from is heinous. but the even bigger problem is that it promotes racism. even if (and that's a big IF) the white supremacist rhetoric in battle rap was meant to be innocuous, that kind of hate speech will still appeal to the active racists we already have here (you know who you are), draw new ones in, and encourage more of that behavior. whenever something like this happens, you have a handful of people who are against it. BUT, we have a growing number of people who not only support it, but celebrate "white power" raps. watching more and more racists come into hip hop is disheartening because slowly, it is literally being appropriated by them, and they are completely complacent with hate speech not being objectionable. it's not about any one person. it's more about the rippling effect that this kinda stuff has when people act like it's cool.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:40 AM   #22
grandgroove
Registered User
 
grandgroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,071
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
nah, both you and @Mykall are missing the point. it's not about "emotional hurt" or it merely being offensive. here are my personal problems with it...

tbf, I havent seen the battles or the interviews, and i dont intend to. but battle rap, and to a larger extent, hip hop, is a black and latino american subculture. considering american history, for a white american to use it as a medium for hate speech toward the same minorities that they appropriated it from is heinous. but the even bigger problem is that it promotes racism. even if (and that's a big IF) the white supremacist rhetoric in battle rap was meant to be innocuous, that kind of hate speech will still appeal to the active racists we already have here (you know who you are), draw new ones in, and encourage more of that behavior. whenever something like this happens, you have a handful of people who are against it. BUT, we have a growing number of people who not only support it, but celebrate "white power" raps. watching more and more racists come into hip hop is disheartening because slowly, it is literally being appropriated by them, and they are completely complacent with hate speech not being objectionable. it's not about any one person. it's more about the rippling effect that this kinda stuff has when people act like it's cool.
Dude, they're going to gravitate towards bullshit no matter what. Just keep it 100 with fans that are decent fucking humans. I hate these types that you speak of, but only a light gets the roaches to scatter.


***

"Your dad's been dead for years" -Zain Asrai
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:39 AM   #23
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
nah, both you and @Mykall are missing the point. it's not about "emotional hurt" or it merely being offensive. here are my personal problems with it...

tbf, I havent seen the battles or the interviews, and i dont intend to. but battle rap, and to a larger extent, hip hop, is a black and latino american subculture. considering american history, for a white american to use it as a medium for hate speech toward the same minorities that they appropriated it from is heinous. but the even bigger problem is that it promotes racism. even if (and that's a big IF) the white supremacist rhetoric in battle rap was meant to be innocuous, that kind of hate speech will still appeal to the active racists we already have here (you know who you are), draw new ones in, and encourage more of that behavior. whenever something like this happens, you have a handful of people who are against it. BUT, we have a growing number of people who not only support it, but celebrate "white power" raps. watching more and more racists come into hip hop is disheartening because slowly, it is literally being appropriated by them, and they are completely complacent with hate speech not being objectionable. it's not about any one person. it's more about the rippling effect that this kinda stuff has when people act like it's cool.
school these Nabiscos!
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:42 AM   #24
Emseed
Registered User
 
Emseed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,268
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
why can't all these damn white crackers stop being racist, racist saltines
__________________
Spiced
Emseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:46 AM   #25
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseed View Post
why can't all these damn white crackers stop being racist, racist saltines
why would you stop doing something that is dependent on your own survival?
why would you not support and promote a system that secures your own protection in every area within existence?
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #26
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,395
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco14 View Post
Yeah no one gives a shit when people do 3 rounds of race jokes for asians...

Con did DFD 10 minutes of nothing but race jokes on eating cats building railroads and slanted eyes


Same with hispanics tbh... cortez gets race jokes every single battle...

Dizaster always gets race jokes about blowing himself up and terrorism...


To me its all real whack and ron style sucks cuz i rather hear bars than race angles but yall cant be calling out ron when yall dont say shit about anyone else
The difference is those are jokes, Caddy says hateful shit in ways that just aren't clever. they're not good lines at all. they're just there for the shock value. I think rone and caustic do the racist angles much better.
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:28 AM   #27
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie
 
Blanco14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,108
Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
The difference is those are jokes, Caddy says hateful shit in ways that just aren't clever. they're not good lines at all. they're just there for the shock value. I think rone and caustic do the racist angles much better.

Caddy sucks though... That's the difference
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Am I a racist....Yes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:47 AM   #28
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
nah, both you and @Mykall are missing the point. it's not about "emotional hurt" or it merely being offensive. here are my personal problems with it...

tbf, I havent seen the battles or the interviews, and i dont intend to. but battle rap, and to a larger extent, hip hop, is a black and latino american subculture. considering american history, for a white american to use it as a medium for hate speech toward the same minorities that they appropriated it from is heinous. but the even bigger problem is that it promotes racism. even if (and that's a big IF) the white supremacist rhetoric in battle rap was meant to be innocuous, that kind of hate speech will still appeal to the active racists we already have here (you know who you are), draw new ones in, and encourage more of that behavior. whenever something like this happens, you have a handful of people who are against it. BUT, we have a growing number of people who not only support it, but celebrate "white power" raps. watching more and more racists come into hip hop is disheartening because slowly, it is literally being appropriated by them, and they are completely complacent with hate speech not being objectionable. it's not about any one person. it's more about the rippling effect that this kinda stuff has when people act like it's cool.
as for the first underlined part: caddy ron's racial humor is brutal but it should not be equated or compared to genuine hate speech. it's important to consider the fact he is a battle MC, which is a much more complex position to be in than, say, a studio rapper. he isn't patronizing the black community on a track in an uncalled for manner. instead, he's in a pit with an objective to throw his opponents off with left-field disrespect and appeal to an audience using shock humor. i think being a battler calls for a different perspective on the issue regardless of how tasteless his angles are.

with that said, though, i do agree with your points wholeheartedly. racist humor does open the door for racists to appropriate the hip-hop scene and culture. if yelawolf fans went on twitter and spewed racial slurs at lord jamar, racists can definitely become attracted to battle rap if someone like caddy would somehow, some way catch a broad exposure with his sense of humor.

however, i just don't think that caddy is at a direct fault. would he be directly responsible for outsiders misinterpreting battle rap and/or using battle rap as a tool to vent "playful" racism that stems from a legitimate prejudice? he definitely would not be, though his choice of angles are just as reckless as they are careless.

it's a slippery slope between the ideal and the probable, precaution and censorship.

edit: have there ever been confirmed racists within battle rap? no specific names need to be mentioned, but since you said "you know who you are" when talking about racists, i'm curious if i missed out on something important.

Last edited by peace; 07-23-2015 at 04:54 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:49 AM   #29
CBA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,273
Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Long ass debate inc
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:59 AM   #30
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
as for the first underlined part: caddy ron's racial humor is brutal but it should not be equated or compared to genuine hate speech. it's important to consider the fact he is a battle MC, which is a much more complex position to be in than, say, a studio rapper. he isn't patronizing the black community on a track in an uncalled for manner. instead, he's in a pit with an objective to throw his opponents off with left-field disrespect and appeal to an audience using shock humor. i think being a battler calls for a different perspective on the issue regardless of how tasteless his angles are.

with that said, though, i do agree with your points wholeheartedly. racist humor does open the door for racists to appropriate the hip-hop scene and culture. if yelawolf fans went on twitter and spewed racial slurs at lord jamar, racists can definitely become attracted to battle rap if someone like caddy would somehow, some way catch exposure.

however, i just don't think that caddy is at a direct fault. would he be directly responsible for outsiders misinterpreting battle rap and/or using battle rap as a tool to vent "playful" racism that stems from a legitimate prejudice? he definitely would not be, though his choice of angles are just as reckless as they are careless.
The problem here is, that this has become Caddy Ron's M.O.
So now, every battle he has with a Black man, he talks about castrating and hanging their relatives, type 2 diabetes, growing up without fathers, and selling black people at auctions?
OK, so once or twice, right - no flyte no fight - I need to win the battle.
Yet, this is all that is on your mind, when you are in front of a black man?
(Imagine Shotgun Suge in every battle talking about Proof being killed - would you not think its more than just battle rap and something personal?)

So for Ron, this is all he can think of when he sees black people, and he uses a 'black art form' called rap to practice his racism on people of color?

Not Cool, and if you are justifying this, you probably think the same as he does.

Another win for Racism White Supremacy
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 07-23-2015 at 05:03 AM.
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:21 AM   #31
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
The problem here is, that this has become Caddy Ron's M.O.
...
(Imagine Shotgun Suge in every battle talking about Proof being killed - would you not think its more than just battle rap and something personal?)

So for Ron, this is all he can think of when he sees black people, and he uses a 'black art form' called rap to practice his racism on people of color?
i can't call caddy a racist because i don't know him personally. to me, it's too much of a bold statement to claim just by going off of his battle rap persona in which he literally puts effort into being over-the-top, shocking, and disrespectful. discerning genuineness from such an outrageous character isn't so simple.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:26 AM   #32
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i can't call caddy a racist because i don't know him personally. to me, it's too much of a bold statement to claim just by going off of his battle rap persona in which he literally puts effort into being over-the-top, shocking, and disrespectful. discerning genuineness from such an outrageous character isn't so simple.
Did you know Donald Sterling, Donald Trump, or Michael Richards personally?

Are they racist?
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #33
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:04 AM   #34
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,395
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco14 View Post
Caddy sucks though... That's the difference
Caddy is trash. i completely agree
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:59 AM   #35
King Koopa
gtfo my castle son
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
King Koopa is not the worst person
Ed, do you honestly believe Hillary admired Sanger for his views on black people?

I'm just saying it COULD have something to do with how Sanger also did a lot of work for birth control and sex ed in the US. She's one of the biggest contributors to women's right to choose when it comes to pregnancy.

Yeah, she was a racist as well, but I doubt Hillary admires that part of her. What you're doing with that meme is saying that everyone who enjoys Bill Cosby's shows from now on is "admiring rape and sexual assault" and that's just not how it goes.
King Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:00 AM   #36
Chromium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao Battle rapper (especially Caddy Ron)=/=Politician in so many ways its probably one of the worst analogies you could have possibly used in terms of intimation via public address.

how ridiculously fucking stupid can you possibly be when trying to make a decent point?

P.S Consider comedians (i.e stand up comedians) and how their acts work. If you can't find a way to translate that to battle rap, it isn't for you.
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #37
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
Ed, do you honestly believe Hillary admired Sanger for his views on black people?

I'm just saying it COULD have something to do with how Sanger also did a lot of work for birth control and sex ed in the US. She's one of the biggest contributors to women's right to choose when it comes to pregnancy.

Yeah, she was a racist as well, but I doubt Hillary admires that part of her. What you're doing with that meme is saying that everyone who enjoys Bill Cosby's shows from now on is "admiring rape and sexual assault" and that's just not how it goes.
........................................
































__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #38
MEGADEF
gunbars.edu
 
MEGADEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KILLAFORNIA
Posts: 1,922
Mentioned: 365 Post(s)
MEGADEF is not the worst person
Ed, ... I heard the streets call you the Black Caddy Ron tho? Confirm or deny.
__________________
"Cocaine like your mother's mouth, ........ the best blow."
MEGADEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #39
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,877
Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGADEF View Post
Ed, ... I heard the streets call you the Black Caddy Ron tho? Confirm or deny.
Malcolm ED or Mr.Bright Flower
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:36 AM   #40
CBA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,273
Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
........................................


Come on Ed I think you're being bias on this one. Margaret Sanger for female rights was pretty revolutionary for her time, promoting the pill as well as encouraging females to express themselves sexually at a time that it was very taboo. Yes, she had racist views too, but Hillary obviously was not referring to that when she says she admired her.

Martin Luther King may be a better example, the guy frequently cheated on his wife and picked up prostitutes. And we have a National Holiday for him. There's a lot of arguments that he plagarized speeches (like the I have a dream one), but that's not the real point. Anyways, when people say they admire him, they obviously aren't promoting prostitution, rather the positive message he promoted.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
by any leap of logic necessary, saltine heaven, saltine logic 101, saltine men all have homo tendencies, saltines say 'fair' alot, saltinesgonewild, white flour


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,554
Threads: 27,190
Posts: 733,793
Total Online: 3253

Newest Member: atysilezy

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 AM.