Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
3 reasons why PG niggas...

Old 07-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
3 reasons why PG niggas...

Stay PG Niggas...

1. This is probably the biggest reason why they won't grow its because smack has labeled them PG niggas lol it's a stigma and naturally makes us look at them as lesser. In our mind you can be good for a PG but not good good.

2.You keep worrying about battles! As a battler you have to use this platform to build your brand. For example my fav battler is Cal. I watch Cal everytime he has a new battle, Anytime a new interview pops up of his I watch, and I listen to his music. I've bought into his entire brand.

They worry so much about just battles they don't make us like them they make us like their battles.

3. None are the first to do it. All these vets have come through with the same style these pgs are trying to sell first. The few that are unique have separated themselves quickly Brizz and T-top.

That's all guys Monday's I usually devote to trying to help the culture. If at least one pg sees this I can live knowing that I gave that nigga the formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
Lucas
Unplugged

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Lucas probably likes in here/hair word play
What is unique about Brizz and T Top?
They just have that same URL sound I'm use to

Spawn
Deadpool
Punisher
Ghost Rider
Hellboy
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
LukeWaltonisGoat

LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
What is unique about Brizz and T Top?

They just have that same URL sound I'm use to

You can definitely see where certain battlers have influenced them but they for sure have their own styles and don't sound like the rest of the pgs
Quote:

Old 07-13-2016, 12:49 AM   #4
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
most of them dudes like being PG rappers
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:36 AM   #5
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
there really isn't a stigma for PG rappers if they're good. sure, i guess vets can use that as an angle in their battles like hitman did to jj, but it really hasn't affected the perceptions of t-top, brizz, nitty, and ave, who are all fan favorites now on the main stage.

second point might be true, but we'll see that with time. building a brand doesn't just catch on if you're a dope battler. it takes time -- more so than just getting attention of the audiene. i don't even think any of the 4 PGd i just mentioned have more than 4 main stage matches.

your third point is true to an extent though. nitty and ave are examples of that. they're REALLY DAMN GOOD writers, but eh. they offer nothing new, which isn't necessarily bad, but standing in front of a personality might not be a good look for them. might be an unpopular opinion, but even though i'm always impressed with rum nitty's writing, i find calicoe's filler -- filler... -- equally as enjoyable to watch. but then again, originality isn't a requirement for most battle fans, so there's a chance the PG guys will be fine. also, nitty's writing is so damn good, i understand why the fans are entertained watching him. he'd do well in a big battle like vs tay roc.

to me, a PG staying a PG really depends on their talent and/or if they blow their chance. young x is super talented but blew his shot by getting shown up by uno lavoz at SM. sno blew his shot getting bodied by real deal, even though winning UFF 1 and being a finalist the year after. other rappers don't get a chance because they're just not good or not good enough.

Last edited by peace; 07-13-2016 at 01:48 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:07 AM   #6
GMajor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Haha, this doesn't totally apply to @LukeWaltonisGoat point, but for some reason, by the time I got to point #3, this shit popped into my head:

"If we had a daughter, guess what I'ma call her? Brooklyn Carter"...and then, a young MALE battler decides, he'll name himself after Jay-Z's fake daughter. "That'll be a dope name!"...

Maybe it speaks to the lack of originality/ridin a wave-ism that these young bucks get hypnotized by, but honestly...Brooklyn Carter could be THE NICEST young MC in the game, and he won't catch a half a little piece of a view from me (unless some other people see him doing something talented first, and spread the word), simply off the strength of his decision to name himself after Jay-Z's dream daughter. Fuck wrong witchu, shun?!

In the words of Common: "I wonder if these whack niggas REALIZE they whack? And they the reason that my people say they TIRED of rap..."

#kidsthesedays
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
LukeWaltonisGoat

@GMajor Hahahaha I've never once thought about that lol Wait to catch that shit
@peace nitty battled with kotd a lot before his name even got big on url don't really think he's a pg and ave is dope too but they are just battlers that are hot right now

Kind of like Ill Will they are hot now as soon as they lose or put on a bad showing url fans won't fuck with them and their demand will drop so in a sense that pg title is hard to shake even when you cook for awhile

Think about how many trash performances we've seen from verb and yet we still would go crazy if him and lux get booked.. If nitty and ave get on one of these BIG url cards and lose we won't care about them anymore might still watch their battles but won't be calling to see them up against HUGE names

That's just from a culture standpoint I personally don't like nitty or watching him I do like Ave but if I never seen another ave battle again I'd be fine

As far as Brizz and Top like I said they have shook the pg title but even with that it still feels like when they get a big battle someone is giving them the shot. I guess that's what I mean is they have to market themselves so that they can raise their STATUS

Example everybody in the world knew Top would wash math and yet it felt like Math gave T-top the shot even tho t top is in a higher demand right now than math
Quote:

Tags
kidsthesedays