Smack is about to ask for donations for Lux vs Hollow

Old 09-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
since83
Stay focused

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
since83 is a PY Poster
Smack is about to ask for donations for Lux vs Hollow

Troy Mitchell ‏@SMACKWHITE 29 Aug

@JoeBudden its really about what fans think worth, Im opening a platform for donation, then we'll really see what this battle is truly worth
This is the internet, where we separate the lamb from the killers So if you don't wanna see the ass of a n*gga A pic of a man on the shitter Or a dude abusing an animal litter BITCH STOP WATCHING CALICOE'S TWITTER-
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vapehop
"he literally 3-0'd tech in the 1st and then blessed us with 2 rounds of street poetry that would make saul williams curl up and die inside erykah badu's deep pussy. "
since83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
Haduoken

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Haduoken is a PY Poster
lol is he about to kickstarter/indiegoo this shit? If URL gave some dope perks that would be cool, though KOTD would prolly have better perks since they have more merch and more creative people in charge.
Haduoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
If any fan pays for this they are fucking idiots.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
the humble smididididididdumble fo da coucher nahmsayin
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #5
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1553 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
if it does end up on kick starter someone post that shit, I wanna see what perks smack would actually offer haha
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #6
bells720
Posts Things

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
bells720 is not the worst person
I'll give $5 for some beard trimmings.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #7
Patton's Ghost
FCMG x LOM x SEVENS

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Patton's Ghost is a PY Poster
man not this fuccin bullshit man ruining battling straight up

HE gets paid off the views

but WE gotta pay to make it happen, and pay to see it

WTF

AINT ANY OF THEM EVERY SOLD DRUGS

battling rap hosting is just like that, thats why lush is good at it. you buy rappers at wholesale, package them up, and sell it to the custies...you front the money not the custies thats called "oh gimme the money ima go get it for you" and they take some smh
chillin on air force one, it feel good to be up here
-BIG G.W. BUSH
Patton's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #8
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
I think 300,000 people would be willing to pay 2 dollars a piece was the last estimate i heard. Should bring in half a mill minimum in no time.

All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #9
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What an asshole.

If they do this, Lux might as well take donations for making the battle happen on Lion's Den where him and Hollow can get the full amount raised and cut the middleman (Smack/URL) completely out of the equation.

I was on URL's side about Lux asking for too much but URL has done a good job at making themselves look like the fools in this situation.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #10
JOBone
Seasoned fan

JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Don't worry guys.

URL already paid for this battle to happen at SM3 but they are keeping it as a secret battle, I heard.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #11
since83
Stay focused

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
since83 is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
Don't worry guys.

URL already paid for this battle to happen at SM3 but they are keeping it as a secret battle, I heard.
If thats the case they dont know how to market shit. Why keep that a secret when the ticket sales would go through the roof if that was announced.
This is the internet, where we separate the lamb from the killers So if you don't wanna see the ass of a n*gga A pic of a man on the shitter Or a dude abusing an animal litter BITCH STOP WATCHING CALICOE'S TWITTER-
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vapehop
"he literally 3-0'd tech in the 1st and then blessed us with 2 rounds of street poetry that would make saul williams curl up and die inside erykah badu's deep pussy. "
since83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #12
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
I'm a fan of URL, but this is bullshit.

lol@ this guy's twitter reply...

Jreal foreal ‏@jrealforeal 30 Aug
@SMACKWHITE smack u on # artificial nigga time the shit u doin now n how u actin is real micky nigga fuck the fame lux help start this shit
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #13
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
lol@the outrage from the people that do nothing but click on a link and either shit on someone else's hard work or give props and ask for more.

Relax, folks. The outrage is unnecessary. Don't donate if you don't want to, but you don't have to take shots at people that do.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:17 AM   #14
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
lol@the outrage from the people that do nothing but click on a link and either shit on someone else's hard work or give props and ask for more.

Relax, folks. The outrage is unnecessary. Don't donate if you don't want to, but you don't have to take shots at people that do.
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of battle fans have a bad case of selective outrage, and this is a perfect example. Where was the outrage when Avocado asked people to buy a DVD to help pay for BOTB6? Where was the outrage at the countless times over the past five years KOTD and DF have asked for Paypal donations? Or any of the battlers who used donations to pay for flights? Smack is just doing what every other league has done.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #15
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by since83 View Post
If thats the case they dont know how to market shit. Why keep that a secret when the ticket sales would go through the roof if that was announced.
I dunno, ask @@VapeHop why he thinks convincing everyone their biggest main event won't be at SM3 makes more business sense than promoting it leading up to the event.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:22 AM   #16
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
my rebuttals are in http://rmbva.com/lux-hollow-not-offi...t-t2117p3.html

im repped off a views
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #17
MartyMcFly
Mugiwara

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
MartyMcFly is not the worst person
donations "for the culture"

by the way guys, i think i just saw "culture" zippin past me down the street

MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #18
MartyMcFly
Mugiwara

double post

Last edited by MartyMcFly; 09-01-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #19
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of battle fans have a bad case of selective outrage, and this is a perfect example. Where was the outrage when Avocado asked people to buy a DVD to help pay for BOTB6? Where was the outrage at the countless times over the past five years KOTD and DF have asked for Paypal donations? Or any of the battlers who used donations to pay for flights? Smack is just doing what every other league has done.
I think its cause of what Smack charges compared to KOTD, compare the two:

KOTD BOTB6 tickets are on sale now for $23, the drinks at WD4 were said to be reasonably priced by everyone who attended the event and they had food stalls that werent a rip off.

URL SM3 tickets are on sale now for $100, the drinks at NOME3 were $5 for a cup of warm water and the beer was alot more than that(cba to dig up lukes thread where he said what it cost). People who attended the event said there was no food vendors onsite and they werent allowed to leave the venue to get food.

I cant remember KOTD asking for donations (not saying it didnt happen just saying I wasnt around to see it so cant comment on it) but with them it seems for things such as the BOTB5 DVD the money was used towards a top card event being put on for a very reasonable price.

What Smack is doing here comes across as him just trying to make even more money.

Thats how I see it anyway
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #20
MartyMcFly
Mugiwara

botb dvd was a PRODUCT we purchased. maybe smack should sell some smack dvds n use that to fund this battle
Old 09-01-2013, 02:48 AM   #21
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
Avocado is selling DVDs and putting 100% into the event.

Smack collected donations to release SM1 videos a couple days early and it helped pay for his trip to Korea.

URL hasn't been very classy in the circumstances they've chosen to ask for money imo. I can't even think of an instance with KOTD or DF where their asking for donations was for something that was a central part of an event or the business.

Imagine how people would react if KOTD was promoting Arcane vs Pat Stay or Diz vs Arsonal for months, then a week before the event said it won't be at WD4 unless the fans paid for it. People would have gone ape shit.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #22
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
I know the way that URL is going about this is pretty corny..but I'm gonna donate if they ask for donations..I ain't ever been to a URL event so I don't mind throwing a little loot down...fuck
.I wanna see Lux vs Hollow

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #23
GetPaid

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Smack has no shame when it comes to his hustle lol
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #24
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 837 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack is just gonna be like "well, if y'all want to see it so bad, fuckin pay for it"

Then if they don't get enough ched he can just be like "see, I told y'all"

But IMO some rich person might step up and donate a nice amount like with hitman vs jjdd, etc
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #25
THACITY
THASHITTYWOK

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
THACITY is not the worst person
Quote:
I was under the impression that you can't copy respect
THACITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #26
TurboMikey

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
TurboMikey is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by since83 View Post
It kinda makes sense for long term tbh.

If they sacrifice SM3 ticket sales and have this be a surprise battle people would be more willing to go to any event in hopes there is another main event not announced and will increase ticket sales for any shitty card they put together.

Also if this battle happens in front of a smaller crowd its almost garunteed the replay value will be better and leads to a bigger YouTube check.

I'm not saying I believe it but its not as stupid a plan as some people think if it happens IMO.
TurboMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #27
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Honestly the person your hate should be directed at here is Diddy.

He can afford it, easily. If he really supported the culture he would throw down the cash.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #28
efarrell
VIP

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
efarrell is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post

He can afford it, easily. If he really supported the culture he would throw down the cash.
Don't think diddy is workin with them right now. Exclusiv vodka been sponsoring shit, not ciroc. Weird.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1290 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
A profit company asking for donations is never a good look

Especially with the way they make their fanbase wait forever for a battle to drop. Idk not a fan of this move.
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #30
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tittyfuckin is not the worst person
I really don't understand the hype around Hollow, especially after his last battle.

He really isn't that good.
Tittyfuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post

If Diddy paid for it he'd insist on filming the battle with a fisheye lens so that he could dance in front of it while they were rhyming.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #32
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Anyway, though. Agreed with basically everyone else. Not a good look. Just exploitation. I can't think of many perks they could offer donors for something like this. Plus $100 a ticket for the live event? Will there be a PPV on top of that too?

...would you get your money back if Lux chokes again? Nah. Scrap it.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
MartyMcFly
Mugiwara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
If Diddy paid for it he'd insist on filming the battle with a fisheye lens so that he could dance in front of it while they were rhyming.
only if they wear aluminum jumpsuits and film it in an indoor skydiving joint
Old 09-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #34
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tittyfuckin View Post
I really don't understand the hype around Hollow, especially after his last battle.

He really isn't that good.
Understand this neg rep.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #35
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tittyfuckin is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Understand this neg rep.
My negs hit hard, I'll just turn you red now ok.
Tittyfuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #36
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Understand this neg rep.
Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #37
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Quote:
That's about the only thing.

Wigger.

Tags